Saturday 19 April 2014

Loving Thoughts: 1. Love is Patient, Love is Kind


Ahhh love... I have always been a strong believer that everyone is capable of being able to love and be loved. That's what we build are lives on, relationships, kindness, helping each other, making someone smile when they are down, and expecting the same in return. It is a beautiful thing!

http://www.bubblews.com/assets/images/news/75289871_1397406267.jpg
Before I begin, I would like to explain that I am not an overly religious person, I do not go to Church, I do not follow any religion closely, however I DO believe in faith and do not think poorly of any religion. And most importantly, I support all those who do have a religion they follow, believe in, and trust in, it is beautiful. I say all this because the passage I am about to use for my upcoming series is from the Bible and I feel it is important for to express that I am not trying to misinterpret the meaning of the words or anything like that, it's just a beautiful little poem. Good, done with that, finito.

The passage I am talking about is one that I'm sure most of you have heard at least once before in your lives. As I mentioned earlier it comes from The Bible (I personally prefer the New International Version translation), 1 Corinthians 13:4, and it begins with the phrases "Love is patient, love is kind" so I figured what a perfect place to begin...

Love is Patient, Love is Kind...
There's actually 2 little points I'd like to make with this one... Now, I am a firm believer in this, and I don't know if it's just me, but if you truly love someone, you will wait be patient, you will love what ever bit of them you have at that moment and strive for more. Granted, I get when things just aren't working, fine, that's different. But if you love someone and are happy, what is another day in the long run of things? A month apart because they have a job out of town? A few years of relationship building because they want to take things slow? Waiting to get married or to start a family? Or whatever the scenario may be... Love is patient, and therefore takes patience to learn about one another, to spend time together and apart, to learn not to upset each other and to learn how to make each other smile (one of the most important things).

Some people have been in many shorter relationships, or many longer ones, or perhaps only a handful of either type... But regardless of our relationship history, we have all watched a wondered about those TV romances. The ones we sometimes dream about, wonder if they could happen, wonder if we will even find that kind of love. But love rarely happen in a day, a month, a " couple episodes" or a "season"... 

My point is: we don't always find love right away, we don't always know when love is around us. It will often take time: time to learn, change, make mistakes and above all be patient with one another to experience true love. I saw this "bro tip" the other day and it really made me think... (Sorry for the language)

source: brotip facebook page
After all, sometimes things can't go as fast or the way you wish; you can have all the chemistry and feelings in the world but you need one more thing on your side: time. love is all about timing. And to overcome the time, it can take a great amount of patience. Think about it :)

And being kind... Kindness to me is not simply a passive act. I have been called (more than once) a "people pleaser" and "mother-like." Thinking about this, I understand why I may be perceived that way. My views on kindness are as follows:
To be kind, you must work at it. You must be actively trying, you must make sacrifices, you must do things you may not love in order to respect others. Kindness is being gentle, being humble, being supportive, being thoughtful. And it isn't always easy. But it is important. So be kind to those you care for, it will only bring them closer and make your bond stronger than ever.

Stay beautiful!
Xox Kisses and Curles

1 comment:

  1. I got to the end and was sad that there were no more words to read. Can't wait for the next installments, but exams must take precedence.

    ReplyDelete