Monday 17 March 2014

Curly Chronicles - Flat Iron

For as long as I can remember, a flat iron lived true to it's reputation: it did one thing and one thing only and that was to flatten your hair, silky and shiny as can be. More recently however, my world came to a startling halt the moment I realized I may had been mistaken this entire time... YouTube, with it's endless plethora of redundancies showed me a world I had yet to encounter: 

Using your flat iron to curl your hair.

My first thought was one of skepticism to be fair, something along the lines of "what is this madness?!?!" I was convinced these youtube videos had to be edited somehow. It made no sense to me that they could take their hair into a flat iron, do some too confusing to even follow twisting and twirling and it coming out all luscious curls that claim to last longer than any curling iron can produce!

Confession: I'm all fairness, I haven't been all that creative with my hair in the last few years so perhaps that had something to do with my uncertainty and doubt. Regardless, I decided to give it a whirl. Besides, I haven't owned a curling iron since I was 19 and my hair does have its own natural "whispy" nature, maybe it would look pretty?


No comments:

Post a Comment